Aldar Education is currently seeking Head of Inclusion to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To promote effective inclusion and ensure that all children on our special needs register, including gifted and talented children make as much progress as possible. To provide expert advice and training to colleagues and families to support the learning of children with a range of learning needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Encourage and promote inclusion across the school at all levels
• Be an exemplary classroom teacher, supporting and guiding staff on SEN and inclusion to promote high standards of educational achievement
• Liaise closely with colleagues from other schools, outside agencies and other professionals
• Line manage staff employed to support children with special needs
• Maintain accurate records, IEPs and coordinate care plans
• Review whole school assessment data and conduct assessment to identify priority areas and/or pupils for targeted intervention
• Plan and deliver a range of programmes of work to support individual needs
• Provide training within and beyond our school to colleagues and families
• Provide full induction and training for the school Inclusion team and Inclusion assistants.
• Undertake co teaching to support class/subject teacher with the delivery of differentiated lessons
• Contribute to school pastoral committee
• Participate in the admissions, evaluations, assessments and subsequent transitions of SoD.
• Support the aims of the school; comply with the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation and school policies.
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
• Undertake other duties from time to time as the Principal /Head of Inclusion requires
Specific Duties: Examples of Professional Duties (not exhaustive)
• Lead and manage a team
• Identify, develop and deliver interventions for individuals based on identified needs
• Provide individual or group instruction where appropriate
• Deliver training for colleagues and families
• Liaise with external specialists to inform school-based provision
• Monitoring work assigned by teacher – checking and correcting individuals work while in progress
• Prepare documentation for submission to ADEK or other educational bodies
• Complete assessments and applications for access arrangements
• Maintain SEN registers and rigorous data of progress, attainment and provisions
• Participate in the development of behaviour policy/promoting pupils’ self-esteem and manage student behaviour in line with the whole school policy
• A qualified teacher
• SEN Qualification (Master’s level or external certification on an aspect of SEN)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of SEN
• Previous experience in leading SEN / Learning Support in a primary/secondary school
Job Specifics, Knowledge & Skills
• Evidence of implementing strategic initiatives and impact within a school.
• Demonstrated expertise in leading a special education or inclusion team.
• Experience in maintaining accurate and meaningful SEN registers and developing high quality IEPs and intervention plans.
• Capacity to identify a range of need types and/or development delays
• Experience in administering standardized assessments to inform provision
• Delivered a range of specific intervention programmes and be confident in the measures needed to prove effectiveness.
• Proven capacity to utilize data to monitor and track SoD progress and attainment.
What We Offer
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.