Aldar Education is currently seeking a Head of Mathematics – Aldar Education to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE. Due to planned current and future expansion we are looking to add to our Team supporting our network of schools.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
A Strategic direction and development of the department
• Develop and implement policies and practices for department which reflects the School’s vision, aims, commitment to high standards of achievement, and effective teaching and learning;
• Establish, monitor and evaluate short, medium and long term plans for the development of department;
• Use data effectively to identify students who are underachieving in department; create and implement plans of action to support those students;
• Analyse and interpret relevant school data, to inform policies and department/school SEF writing;
• Ensure that appropriate and relevant schemes of work are developed, in place, and regularly reviewed and evaluated, for all year groups and courses. These must include suitable provision for SEN/POD, G&T, and EAL students.
Teaching and learning
• Ensure curriculum coverage, continuity and progression in department for all students including those of high ability and those with special educational needs;
• Establish and implement clear policies and practices for assessing, recording and reporting on student achievement;
• Set expectations for staff in relation to standards of achievement and the quality of teaching and learning and behaviour;
• Evaluate the quality of teaching and learning of department and use this to identify effective practice and areas for improvement; take action to further improve the quality of teaching and learning;
• Ensure the department is regularly contributing towards the school’s CAS Programme and after school Booster/Revision Sessions for I/GCSE and IB DP courses.
Leading and managing staff
• Performance manage team in accordance with school performance management policy;
• Establish clear expectations and constructive working relationships with team, ensuring collaboration, support, accountability and high professional standards;
• Hold regular department meetings with minutes and agendas; agenda should include focus on improving standards relating to student achievement and teaching and learning;
• Efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources;
• Maintain efficient and effective control of the Department’s Resource and CapEx budgets;
• Effective use accommodation to create an effective and stimulating environment for teaching and learning in accordance with Learning Environment Policy;
• Ensure a safe working and learning environment in which risks are properly assessed and Health and Safety policy and regulations are observed at all times.
Other duties and responsibilities
• Contribute to the school’s CAS Programme by leading/supporting one after-school activity each term, including leadership of Model United Nations (MUN);
• To be an Academic Mentor and Extended Essay Supervisor to Year 12/13 students;
• Undertake duties as part of the staff duty rota;
• Cover for absent colleagues;
• Invigilate examinations, as required, including a minimum of one evening and one weekend external examination session, to support the Examinations Officer and
Summer Examination Schedule;
• Any other duties as assigned by the Principal.
• Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
• Minimum of 6 years teaching English National Curriculum
• Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
Job Specifics, Knowledge & Skills:
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
• Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
What We Offer:
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child cantered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance