This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join our school in a key position.
Mesaieed International School is a vibrant community school educating over 1100 students from 3 to 18 years of age and representing over 30 different nationalities. We are proud to be a Bilingual and Multilingual SMART School – an accreditation that recognises the on-going effort we make to ensure our staff understand the research, best practices and approaches that make a real difference to the lives of bilingual and multilingual learners and their families.
Our vision is for our students to be high achieving, healthy and happy individuals, well prepared to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. Our mission is to achieve this by inspirational teaching that both challenges and supports our young people. We place high value on learning and the well-being of all our students. We also promote the professional development of our teachers, believing that a culture of life-long learning is the key to success. Most importantly, we are a happy school which places a strong emphasis on trust, collaboration, and communication.
We are seeking an experienced, resilient teacher who can inspire both students and colleagues to build on the strong foundations of our school. The successful candidate will demonstrate a solid track record of teaching experience and a sound knowledge of the National Curriculum for England. An ability to be able to teach history to KS3 or travel and tourism to KS5 would be an advantage. They will be committed to providing the best education and opportunities for our students through a solution focused approach. They will also demonstrate their ability to work independently whilst remaining a strong member of the team. This is an opportunity for a passionate teacher, who shares our vision and commitment to join an aspirational and hardworking team of teachers.
• Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and experience of teaching geography for students in KS3 and KS4
• Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students
• Develop innovative pedagogical approaches within planning and teaching and learning
• Develop the language acquisition and proficiency of BML students
• Ensure students are cared for in a happy, safe, and stimulating environment
• Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning
• Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention, and achievement of all children
• Work with the community to develop good relationships and parent/school partnership
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Recent and up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum for England
• At least four years’ experience as an outstanding school practitioner in a high performing UK or international school
• Experience of using formative assessment systems to evaluate the curriculum
• A team player, able to foster trust and offer challenge to colleagues
• Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to continued personal and professional development
• Ability to teach history to KS3 and/or travel and tourism to KS5
• Ability to teach geography to KS5
• Ability to lead the Model United Nations programme
Salary and benefit package
You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including a generous tax-free salary, free accommodation and utilities, interest-free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, and paid school holidays.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our students, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, detailing your experience with reference to the key responsibilities, a full CV and a recent photograph.
Please ensure that you include your current headteacher/principal as one of your referees.
Disclaimer: Mesaieed International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.