RAK Academy is a family of five highly regarded international schools that provide both British and International Baccalaureate curriculum pathways. Our vision is to develop ‘Learning Excellence with a Community Heart’.
By ensuring excellent leadership at all levels throughout our schools we aim to provide our students with a world class education, which is also based on an ethos of sustainability.
International School Khuzam (ISK)
ISK is situated in Khuzam which is centrally located in the beautiful, peaceful and inexpensive emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. We are uniquely placed, being the only secondary school out of the five RAK Academy schools. The British curriculum is offered from Grade 6 (Year 7) to Grade 12 (Year 13). All students study IGCSE courses in Grades 9 and 10 and then can opt to follow an A-level pathway or the International Baccalaureate Pathway in Grades 11 and 12. Students also study additional subjects as stipulated by the Ministry of Education (MoE). ISK is accredited by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) and is benchmarked against leading international British schools.
To be considered for this role, teacher MUST be present in the UAE and MUST have visa sponsorship.
ISK is looking for a positive, driven, and inspirational Physical Education teacher (Female) to join a successful and hardworking Physical Education department. Physical Education is part of the curriculum for all students in Grades 6 to 8. In Grades 9 and 10, Physical Education is offered as an IGCSE subject option. Students also have dedicated Physical Education lessons as part of their core offer in Grades 9 and 10.
• Hold a bachelor’s degree in Physical Education/Sports Science or a related subject.
• Have an excellent understanding of teaching and learning.
• Be highly proficient in the use of technology to support teaching and learning.
• Engage, motivate and support students.
• Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
• Be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff and have a growth mindset.
• Be willing to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities.
• Have excellent communications skills.
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
• Experience of teaching GCSE/IGCSE
• Experience of delivering different sports to a high level.
• Coaching experience.
• Experience of using Google suite, e.g., Google classroom.
• Have a proven record of increasing student outcomes.
The school offers:
• Competitive tax-free monthly salary
To apply for this position please use ‘QUICK APPLY’
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.