Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and adaptable EAL Coordinator leading on support for emerging English learners from August 2022.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a beautiful, purpose built school, opened in August 2017 and is a part of a growing network of schools. The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Our school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) which provides excellent opportunities for inter-school competitions, tournaments and CPD.
The Academy is the founding Academy of an expanding group of schools and academies, which are aiming to be the best providers of education in the Emirate. We recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our curriculum in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 13, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic. Successful candidates will be highly committed team players with the drive, energy and passion to develop Al Rabeeh Academy, where there may be opportunities for internal promotion, as the academy grows.
Successful applicants will need to have an understanding of the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Academy, a school with a high population of Arabic speaking students. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff and parents. Applicants must lead by example and play a full part in the Academy’s extra-curricular activities programme.
Applicants should ideally have a higher level qualification in English; and experience in language support within an all through school. Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Education or another relevant field with a teaching qualification, have at least 5 years’ teaching experience and proven EAL or English responsibility.
Candidates must also have recent experience either in a UK School or of teaching the English National Curriculum.
It is essential you are a fluent English speaker.
The successful applicant will have experience in an English National Curriculum Academy and leading on educational support and intervention focussing on English.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate:
- An aptitude to lead, motivate and inspire others with a proven track record in supporting teachers with developing their teaching and learning skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of developing effective EAL identification and support systems across primary and secondary phases
- An ability to develop and support the provision for additional language needs across primary and secondary phases by developing a whole school EAL strategy and providing CPD for staff
- A commitment to the development and support of effective behaviour management systems and support teachers and parents with this
- To develop a programme of EAL awareness across the school incorporating this into well-being themed days e.g. cultural days, celebration of different languages and cultures
- Respect for the views of parents, and an appreciation for the importance of parental engagement and participation in students’ academic, social and emotional development
- Providing Early Help strategies in improving outcomes for students and to support parents with early identification of EAL
- To lead and develop support for transition across the school and those students moving into secondary Academy or across year groups
- To analyse and use data to inform next steps to ensure students continue to make accelerated progress
- A proven track record in commitment to excellence, and the maximising of academic and personal achievement for all children
- An ability to foster effective relationships with students, parents and other stakeholders
- Resilience and a solutions-focused work ethic and a willingness to go the extra mile
- An ability to adapt to the local educational context of the United Arab Emirates
- Experience in teaching, leadership and management in the Middle East
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
• Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
• Annual return air ticket/allowance
• Medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
Applicants should complete the application form on the TES website via the Quick Apply button. Please submit a CV of no more than 2 pages together with a recent photograph, and a scanned degree certificate.
Please note that the school reserves the right to begin the recruitment process prior to the closing date. Therefore, candidates are recommended to submit their application as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted in Abu Dhabi or online with the Principal, Mr Riaan Huyser.
Start date for this position will be Aug 2022.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.