At GEMS Metropole we are looking for an experienced English Language Learner Teacher to join us for a September 2022 start. This is an exciting opportunity for a specialised educator to join our world class school and is driven to provide education at an exceptional level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing English Language Learning Support for students through Primary & Secondary
- Key supporter of the Teacher in ensuring ELL student progression and development through the provision of extra 1-1 sessions, tailoring curriculum/unit delivery.
- Recording and reporting progress, areas of concern and achievements about supported students with relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Work closely with various Learning Support teams across the school to promote the schools inclusive practice and continuously improve its ELL students learning capabilities and academic English language standards.
- Provide training for class teachers and support staff in supporting ELL students across all areas of the curriculum.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as an ELL teacher within a high performing department, preferably within a British Curriculum school
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a classroom teacher would be preferable
- A certified professional teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE or equivalent specializing in EAL, ELL or similar
- Additional qualification or specialism such as a TEFL/IELTs/CELTA/Cambridge certification is an advantage
- Ability to build strong relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- Ability to assess student performance, write language plans and set appropriate goals for students to ensure progress
If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter.
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, school tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.