BSD enjoys an outstanding reputation for providing quality education from Foundation Stage to KS5 (A Level) and would like to hear from suitably qualified and experienced teachers in the following area
We are looking for a KS3/4/5 Physics teacher who will form part of a dynamic and highly successful Science Department. The position is as part of a team responsible for teaching Physics from year 9 to A level as well as general science to students in KS3.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safety and security of children and young people (child protection)
- Have the ability to teach across the age and ability range including A Level
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and proficiently
- Have decisiveness in classroom control and managing practicals
- Plan and deliver lessons in accordance with the goals and objectives of a clearly defined and documented curriculum
- Deliver an active, hands-on and student-centred programme to promote learning
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Observe, monitor and record student progress with excellent personal administration skills
- Respond appropriately to the range of individual needs and abilities within the class
- Have a good grasp of educational technology and how it is implemented to enhance learning opportunities
- Be fluent in English, oral and written
- Be flexible and adaptable to changes with regards to distance learning if necessary
- Be committed to the pastoral system in the role of form tutor
- Be committed to supporting student wellbeing and academic care
Perform other duties as assigned by the Headteacher and Head of Department
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree* in the subject area of employment (Master’s degree preferred)
- Current teacher certification in the required subject area. Certification should be from a recognised and nationally recognised institution
Classroom teachers should be able to demonstrate relevant experience and certification in teaching similar school programs as the applied for position (preferred)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience as a K4/5 Physics and KS3 science
- Experience with G Suite/Microsoft Office
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of continued professional development
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills in interacting with students, parents and colleagues
- Ability to supervise students in non-classroom settings
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Ability to lead an after-school activity
- Do you have experience teaching in a British curriculum school?
- Do you have teaching certification from a recognised institution?
- Do you have previous teaching experience as a KS5 Physics teacher?
- Is your degree from a distance learning or online university?
- Are you currently 59 years of age or younger?
As a requirement of employment, are you willing to provide a Police clearance to demonstrate suitability of applicant to work with children and in a school environment
*Authentication of degree by Saudi authorities is required as part of visa process
*Any previous offences or cautions that may affect visa application need to be disclosed