The British International School Riyadh (BISR) is an extremely well-regarded not-for-profit, co-educational school in the Middle East, catering for students aged 3-18 across its existing five campuses, providing high quality education to the expatriate community since 1979. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and as a British School Overseas (BSO). BISR is also a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). The school follows the English curriculum, greatly enriched by the local and international context. Learning is holistic, supported by a broad co-curricular programme, encompassing extra-curricular activities, student leadership, service learning and residential trips. Strong pastoral care supports student well-being.
We are seeking a lively, dynamic DT Teacher, able to deliver quality innovative lessons from KS3 to A level. Design Technology is well-respected and supported by the school community, where creativity is highly valued. It is delivered as a specialist subject to all students from year 1 through to year 9. The elements we currently deliver in the senior school are graphic products, resistant materials, textiles and food. Currently Food Preparation and Nutrition and Design Technology are taken through to GCSE. We regularly have a third of the intake select Design & Technology for GCSE and we do offer the subject at A- level when numbers permit. The school uses the Edexcel examination board in this department.
The Senior Design & Technology team of 3 is supported by two technicians whose input is invaluable to the quality of teaching and learning that takes place. The department is well-resourced with its own purpose built kitchen. Design Technology falls in the Creative Arts Faculty which also includes Art and Design. The successful candidate will need to offer KS3 Food plus Food Preparation and Nutrition to GCSE. An ability to deliver all subjects within Design & Technology up to KS3 is desirable.
We are looking for a teacher who will contribute to the further development of our dynamic school, our creative curriculum and can add to the existing vision and already very high academic standards. Classroom practice needs to be exemplary with experience of target setting for students, and use of student data to track progress. We are specifically looking for an individual who is willing to contribute to our three strategic pillars of learning, enrichment and well-being.
Full Job Description is available here: Class Teacher – Subject Teacher Job description
The successful candidate will:
- Be innovative, creative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and learning focused, with a strong track record of excellent classroom practice and pastoral care.
- Be committed to development of high-quality learning experiences underpinned by a clear understanding of how learning is developed, where students are motivated and equipped to become life-long learners.
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, be a reflective practitioner, showing a strong commitment to development of outstanding classroom practice.
- Use high quality assessment and feedback strategies to ensure students make good progress with their learning.
- Ensure students flourish by creating a positive climate for learning, supporting the holistic development of each student, with a strong emphasis on well-being in an intercultural context.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, high levels of emotional intelligence and a good sense of humour, effectively collaborating within a range of teams.
- Fully support the school Mission, Vision and Motto.
- Go the extra mile for students, contributing to the wider life of the school, including the broad co-curricular programme and community events.
- Have a UK or UK recognised teaching qualification.
We can offer:
- Highly motivated and engaged students
- A school with a strong sense of community
- A learning focused school committed to staff development
- Motivated, hard-working and dedicated colleagues, who are committed to high quality learning, student well-being and the school’s enrichment programmes
- The opportunity to live, work and travel in a unique, beautiful and fast changing country.
Closing date for all applications: Saturday 26 March 2022
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will be required to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa.