Established in 2005, Gulf British Academy is a BSO-accredited school that presently caters for pupils from Pre-KG to Year 8. We plan to add another Year level each year until we become a fully 3-18 British International School.
The recent move into a purpose-built, state-of-the-art building reflects the owners and senior leaders’ ambition to achieve excellence. Integral to this is optimising and streamlining our data management systems and processes.
As such, we wish to appoint an experienced Data Manager who is ambitious and enthusiastic about all things data. The focus of the role is the implementation and technical support of our new information management system (iSAMS) for staff, pupils, and parents.
In return for your service, we offer an excellent package for employees that includes:
- A tax-free salary
- End-of-service indemnity
- Discounted tuition fees for employees registering their child/children with the school
We are particularly interested in hearing from experienced Data Managers currently in Kuwait, who are working or have previously worked for a British International school.
What you offer
- Experience of managing a Student Information Management (SIM) system – ideally iSAMs.
- Experience of resolving application and database issues, particularly the two-way synchronisation between Google Workspace and the SIM.
- Previous experience of working with data within a school environment.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft SQL, Google Workspace for Education, Excel, Google Sheets.
- Ability to work with complex data and produce detailed reports and analysis
- Able to deliver training and support to staff.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing for communicating complex ideas to non-IT professionals.
- Committed to the safeguarding and welfare of pupils.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or police check.
- Previous experience of working with the iSAMs database system.
- Knowledge of GAM (Google Apps Manager) for command-line programming.
- Google Workspace for Education certified (ideally to sysadmin level).
How to apply
Please download and read the attached job description.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate, please email your application directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email must include your:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter or letter of application
- Recent photograph
- Two referees (name, phone number, professional relationship to you)
Applications are considered upon receipt and should arrive no later than:
Thursday 11th November 2021.
We reserve the right to interview at any point during the recruitment process so early applications are positively encouraged.
Interviews will be conducted by video-conference (Zoom, Meet, Skype), telephone or in person if you are in Kuwait.
If you do not hear back from us after 5 working days, you should presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.