Aldar Education are currently seeking an outstanding College Counsellor to join Al Ghad Charter school Immediately.
• Help students enhance personal, social, and academic growth and wellbeing.
• Monitor the progress of individual students.
• Make contact with parents to discuss student behaviour or support needs.
• Take steps to prevent bullying and support victims of bullying.
• Help students develop job search skills, such as resume writing and interviewing techniques.
• Help students understand and deal with social, behaviour, and personal problems.
• Deliver therapeutic intervention based on the need of the individuals and provide referral to external services as needed.
• Emphasize preventive and developmental counselling to provide students with life skills needed to deal with problems before they worsen and to enhance students’ personal, social, and academic growth.
• Provide special services such as conflict resolution classes; identify cases of domestic abuse and other family problems that can affect a student’s development
• Works with students regarding career options and provides appropriate information to students regarding careers.
• Assists in providing students with information for career exploration and selection to assist them in making appropriate academic course selections relating to their interests.
• Maintains an appropriate library/database relating to various careers for students to utilize in their career explorations.
• Coordinate access to university affairs and with university applications.
PERSONAL MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELLING:
• Works with individual students and groups of students in regard to appropriate social, emotional and development issues.
• Maintains an awareness of cultural influences regarding social development of adolescents and delivers culturally sensitive therapies.
• Monitors students who may be at risk in regard to social and emotional issues and makes appropriate referrals for interventions outside of school in consultation with parents.
• Promotes wellbeing of students via whole school and community awareness initiatives.
• Works closely with the pastoral team and safeguarding leads.
Note: Duties will fall within the professional qualifications and expertise of the counsellor, depending on if the post requires Guidance Counsellor and/or Mental Health Counsellor provision.
Qualifications – External
• Bachelor of Science/Education in Social Work
• Bachelor of Counselling
• Bachelor of Psychology – with subsequent post graduate counselling qualifications
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in school counselling with US Curriculum is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.