Due to success in our student enrolment and the school’s continued growth, we are delighted to expand our academic team for an August 2022 start.
This is an exceptional and rare opportunity for someone who has the qualities, skills and experience to be part of the team that will establish Cheltenham Muscat as the leading school in Oman.
The school provides teachers with excellent opportunities for career development and progression to middle leadership positions and beyond.
Cheltenham Muscat opened in September 2021 and is Oman’s first, premium, British school, for boys and girls aged 3 to 18. Our partnership with Cheltenham College UK, who have been educating pupils both from the UK and abroad for 180 years is genuine. Set on an outstanding state-of-the-art campus, pupils and teachers at Cheltenham Muscat benefit from first-class facilities for both academic and co-curricular learning.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
• can deliver well-planned, engaging and creative learning experience for their pupils.
• can deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated programme for all pupils in their care.
• always set high expectations, which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
• ensure excellent pastoral care.
• contribute to the co-curricular programme and whole-school activities in a committed and enthusiastic manner.
• work co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff.
• has a growth mindset, positive and flexible attitude and is prepared to go the extra mile.
The post attracts a competitive salary (£47,700 – £62,800*) UK-equivalent package before tax and benefits package appropriate for the experience, skills and personal circumstances of the successful candidate and will include:
• A competitive, annual tax-free salary inclusive of accommodation and other allowances.
• An end of service payment.
• Start and end of contract flights.
• Annual return flight allowance.
• Tuition fee concession at Cheltenham Muscat (if applicable).
• Medical insurance.
• Visa costs.
* please note these figures may vary according to current exchange rates
How to Apply
In order to apply, please click on the Apply Now button beneath the advert text – here you will be able to download an application form.
After considering the details of the candidate information pack, job description and person specification, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school. Please state which Grade(s) you are interested in teaching.
Any submission without a completed Cheltenham Muscat Application Form will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 9th January 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and interviews arranged accordingly. Cheltenham Muscat reserves the right to appoint before the closing date and early application is therefore advised.
For more information or an informal conversation please contact email@example.com
Please visit www.cheltenhammuscat.com for further information about the School.
Terms of Appointment
We recognise that the success of Cheltenham Muscat depends on the quality, wellbeing and motivation of our staff. In addition to the salary and package structure outlined above, staff can also expect:
• A commitment to professional development.
• A dedicated and passionate human resources and support team, committed to making life in Oman as comfortable as possible.
• Outstanding career progression opportunities that arise from being part of a rapidly expanding education group in a dynamic market.
Safeguarding and Privacy
Cheltenham Muscat is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to applicants providing a satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate from their home country that is less than 6 months old.
By applying for this post, you agree to your data being held and processed by Cheltenham Muscat and its affiliates. If you are appointed to the post you also agree to additional information, including sensitive data such as bank details and medical information, being held by Cheltenham Muscat and its affiliates.