Aldar Academies is currently seeking a Music Teacher at Al Ain Academy commencing September 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Al Ain Academy opened in September 2011 providing high quality education to the region. The children are taught the English National Curriculum, tailored to be meaningful to both Emirati and expatriate children living in Al Ain. Facilities at the school are excellent and include a large astroturf field, two swimming pools, well stocked library, a large multi-purpose sports hall, an auditorium and outdoor play areas.
We provide a warm, friendly and supportive environment where pupils enjoy learning and achieving in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
In a short period of time the school has achieved outstanding levels of progress and attainment, supported by rigorous tracking of assessment data. We have highly dedicated and talented staff, mainly from the UK, who work in partnership with parents to ensure success for all.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Promote the safety, wellbeing, and happiness of pupils at the school.
• Work alongside fellow teachers to plan engaging lessons that meet the
requirements of the curriculum.
• Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes,
values, and behaviours, which are expected of pupils.
• Be accountable for the attainment, progress, and outcomes of pupils’ you teach.
• Make accurate and productive use of assessment to secure pupils’ progress.
• Promote the school’s policies and high expectations of pupils and ensure that all
pupils benefit from an effective learning environment.
• Proactively participate in the Development and Appraisal process, maintaining
evidence against targets set leading to documented professional growth.
• Seize opportunities to collaborate with and support peers.
• Contribute to school life through both contractual duties and participation in
wider events and initiatives that enrich the AAA experience for pupils.
• Support the school’s development plan
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and certification in PGCE Education.
• Teaching experience at UK secondary level is essential, experience in an
international school is an advantage.
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience in same field
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
• Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender,
age and ethnic background
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first
language is an advantage
• Respect, fairness, tolerance, a sense of humour and the ability to be both a leader
and a key team player.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.