Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking to appoint an experienced and motivated Secondary Science Teacher with the ability to teach KS3 and KS4 up to GCSE for August 2022.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a beautiful, purpose built school, opened in August 2017 and is a part of a growing network of schools. The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Our school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) which provides excellent opportunities for inter-school competitions, tournaments and CPD.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 13, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic. Successful candidates will be highly committed team players with the drive, energy and passion to develop Al Rabeeh Academy, where there may be opportunities for internal promotion, as the academy grows.
Successful applicants will need to be understanding of the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Academy, a school with a high population of Arabic speaking students. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff and parents. Applicants must lead by example and play a full part in the Academy’s extra-curricular activities programme.
Applicants must be fluent English speakers, hold a relevant science degree and a PGCE and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of teaching in schools that follow the National Curriculum of England.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent subject knowledge of the NC
• Experience of current UK initiatives and developments
• Passion and ambition to ensure each student flourishes in their learning
• The ability to teach KS3 and KS4 and the experience of delivering Science up to GCSE
• A strong track record of raising attainment and achievement of every student
• High levels of student engagement, challenge and progress
•Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
• Confidence in using IT to motivate and extend student’s learning experiences
• Experience of using data from internal assessments and standardised tests and external assessments to track student progress
• Experience of teaching EAL students is desirable, but not essential
• Experience of being a form tutor is desirable, but not essential
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
• Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
• Annual return air ticket/allowance
• Medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
Applicants should complete the application form on the TES website via the Quick Apply button. Please submit a CV of no more than 2 pages together with a recent photograph, and a scanned degree certificate.
Applicants must possess a passport from an English speaking country.
Please note that the school reserves the right to begin the recruitment process prior to the closing date. Therefore, candidates are recommended to submit their application as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted in Abu Dhabi or online with the Principal, Mr Riaan Huyser.
Start date for this position will be Aug 2022.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.