BSD enjoys an outstanding reputation for providing quality education from Foundation Stage to KS5 (A Level) and would like to hear from suitably qualified and experienced teachers in the following area: Business Studies/ Economics Teacher
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safety and security of children and young people (child protection)
- Have the ability to teach across the age and ability range including KS3/KS4 and KS5
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and proficiently
- Have decisiveness in classroom control and managing practicals
- Plan and deliver lessons in accordance with the goals and objectives of a clearly defined and documented curriculum
- Deliver an active, hands-on and student-centred programme to promote learning
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Observe, monitor and record student progress with excellent personal administration skills
- Respond appropriately to the range of individual needs and abilities within the class
- Have a good grasp of educational technology and how it is implemented to enhance learning opportunities
- Be flexible and adaptable to changes with regards to distance learning if necessary
- Be committed to the school’s pastoral system in the role of form tutor
- Be committed to supporting student wellbeing and academic care
Perform other duties as assigned by the Headteacher and Head of Department
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree* in the subject area of employment (Master’s degree preferred)
- Current teacher certification in the required subject area. Certification should be from a nationally recognised institution
Classroom teachers should be able to demonstrate relevant experience and certification in teaching similar school programs as the applied for position (preferred)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Prior experience as a Business Studies/ Economics Teacher
- Experience with G Suite/Microsoft Office
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of continued professional development
- Fluent in English and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills in interacting with students, parents and colleagues
- Ability to supervise students in non-classroom settings
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Ability to lead an after-school activity
JOB-SPECIFIC QUALIFYING QUESTIONS
- Do you have experience teaching in a British curriculum school?
- Do you have teaching certification from a recognised institution?
- Do you have previous teaching experience as a Business Studies/ Economics Teacher?
- Is your degree from a distance learning or online university?
- Are you currently 59 years of age or younger?
As a requirement of employment, are you willing to provide a Police clearance to demonstrate suitability of applicant to work with children and in a school environment