Aldar Education are currently seeking an outstanding Assistant Principal – Primary for Al Yasmina Academy in Abu Dhabi to start in August 2022.
Al Yasmina Academy is an outstanding British Curriculum school in Raha Gardens, Abu Dhabi. With our globally recognised and admired curriculum, dedicated and passionate practitioners and outstanding provision, Al Yasmina Academy is an exceptional place to work. Our learning culture is under pinned by our core values of excellence, respect, passion, collaboration and creativity, which allows all students to thrive.
We are immensely proud to be rated as an Outstanding school by British Schools Overseas (BSO) and Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK). Most recent reports highlighted the ‘Outstanding’ provision from Early Years through to Sixth Form in quality of teaching, learning and assessment, as well as leadership and management, with ADEK rating the school ‘Outstanding’ across all six performance standards. In addition to academic success, the personal development, behaviour and welfare for students have been identified as key strengths and after a successful year the academy has grown and are looking for outstanding leaders.
Al Yasmina Academy wishes to appoint an outstanding Primary Assistant Principal to play a key role in the Senior Leadership Team and strategic development of the school. The post will include wide-ranging leadership responsibilities across whole school priority areas to impact on raising standards.
This post will be attractive both to those seeking their first Senior Leader role and to serving Assistant Principals seeking a new challenge in a fast paced, dynamic school with extremely high standards. The post will include wide-ranging leadership responsibilities across the large primary school, including supporting and developing staff, students and parents.
The postholder must be able to work under pressure, prioritising and managing strategy and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Direct and quality assure the activities of the staff and students and ensure a safe, orderly, and smooth functioning environment conducive to learning.
- Support and administer the annual school assessment and monitoring master schedule, working in conjunction with the school SLT and school department leaders.
- Collaborate with Principal and Vice Principal to supervise and evaluate teachers, supervisors and curriculum support staff as assigned.
- Provide leadership in screening and interviewing applicants including non-teaching positions, and/or recommending of applicants to be interviewed.
- Implement student achievement improvement efforts as mapped out in the school development plan and ADEK regulations and as directed by Aldar Education. This will include but not be limited to school improvement plans, standardized testing, remediation, collection and reporting of data as required, and the development of special schedules and testing procedures as necessary.
- Implement student achievement improvement efforts including directing the MAP/Exact Path student achievement plan, developing a progress-based testing schedule in coordination with the assessment coordination, establishing and overseeing the processes related to assessment and reporting student attainment and progress, data collection, students’ records, and archiving.
- Collaborate with the SLT team regarding new or changing instructional methods, materials, strategies, and programs.
- Assist, determine, develop and implement plans for staff CPD development for the building that facilitates professional growth and enhance the quality and efficiency of teaching.
- Assist in the completion and submission of all required reports, forms, and data requests on time to the designated sources.
- Work/meet with other administrators and staff to foster and participate in team collaboration and effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the School Principal.
- Specific responsibilities will be agreed with the successful candidate on appointment, however there is an expectation of excellent knowledge across all core areas; pastoral; curriculum; assessment; inclusion; teaching and learning, with a specific focus on appointing a candidate with outstanding values, leadership and people skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or BSc degree with PGCE or equivalent is essential.
- At least 6 years teaching experience, including 4 consecutive years of performance exceeding standards and expectations as evidenced by performance appraisal.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Middle Leadership role.
- Experience of leading school initiatives that have led to improvement in standards and achievement.
- Experience working with parents and external agencies.
- A clear commitment to nurturing and promoting the school vision.
- Proven track record of displaying positive behaviors and values
- A commitment to maximizing achievement through excellence in teaching and learning.
- An excellent track record as a classroom teacher and school leader.
- An excellent track record of implementing effective strategies to raise standards in learning.
- High standards and a highly effective communicator.
- Ability to implement and lead change and school development.
- Ability to lead large, diverse groups of people and stakeholders successfully.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work with data and be effective in using data to diagnose, intervene and evaluate impact upon learning.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise good judgment and must possess leadership skills must appropriately handle confidential information
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of all stakeholders.
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check.
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
An application with a cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be made via the website .
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.