We are recruiting a passionate and creative Assistant Head Teacher, Primary who is excited to join a growing GEMS Education school within the Internationally Innovative approach of a 4 day working week in the Emirate of Sharjah.
We require someone with a track record of outstanding classroom practice and the ability to lead improvement in academic standards and student outcomes. The Assistant Head Teacher will play an important role in the overall leadership and management of the Primary School. In particular, you will work closely with the Primary Leadership Team to lead and develop outstanding teaching and learning across the school.
The successful candidate will:
• Support the leadership of all areas including learning and teaching, assessment, curriculum development, quality assurance and CPD needs;
• Assist the Primary Principal in line managing the Heads of Year, Heads of Department and Year Teams;
• Assist the Senior Leadership Team in setting very high expectations with a clear focus on student achievement, standards and quality of learning and teaching;
• Have a thorough knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum for England to be able to assist in the development of the primary curriculum;
• Oversee the effective communications between school and home;
• Ensure School policies are upheld by all stakeholders to the highest standards;
• Oversee the development of the whole child including behavior, safeguarding, health and wellbeing and personal achievement.
Applicants should be:
• A fully certified teacher, holding a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
• Passionate about providing outstanding teaching and learning
• Highly experienced in National Curriculum for England
• Efficient in people development and have proven leadership and communication abilities
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
Working with GEMS Education offers you a unique opportunity for career progressions and enhance your experience in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world’s largest K-12 private school operator.
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, accommodation, schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of service gratuity
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.