RAK Academy is a family of five highly regarded international schools that provide both British and International Baccalaureate curriculum pathways. Our vision is to develop ‘Learning Excellence with a Community Heart’ with a core purpose of ‘delivering excellent learning opportunities, developing leadership skills at all levels, and providing responsive service, built upon an ethos of sustainability.’
International School Khuzam (ISK)
ISK is situated in Khuzam which is centrally located in the beautiful, peaceful and inexpensive emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. We are uniquely placed, being the only secondary school out of the five RAK Academy schools. The British curriculum is offered from Grade 6 (Year 7) to Grade 12 (Year 13). All students study IGCSE courses in Grades 9 and 10 and then can opt to follow an A-level pathway or the International Baccalaureate Pathway in Grades 11 and 12. Students also study additional subjects as stipulated by the Ministry of Education (MoE). ISK is accredited by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) and is benchmarked against leading international British schools.
ISK is looking for a positive, driven and inspirational Assistant Head of Science to join the school’s Science Department. The successful candidate will also have an opportunity to support the Head of department to deliver the school’s improvement priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related subject.
- Preference for Chemistry qualified teacher.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Have an excellent understanding of teaching and learning.
- Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
- Experience of teaching GCSE/IGCSE and A-Level courses.
- Have a broad knowledge of assessment methodology.
- Be able to interpret student level data.
- Be highly proficient in the use of technology to support teaching and learning.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff with a ‘growth mindset’.
- Have excellent communications skills.
- Be willing to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Experience of the requirements of the IB Diploma.
- Experience of using Google suite, e.g. Google classroom.
- Have a good knowledge of the Science curriculum through all Key Stages.
- Ability to ‘drill’ down on whole school and student level data to direct change.
- Have excellent people skills.
- Be a reflective member of staff.
- Have experience of a position of responsibility.
The School Offers
- Tax-free salary inclusive of housing allowance.
- Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- School places for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Access to our professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position please use ‘QUICK APPLY’
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
Preference will be given to candidates currently in the UAE.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.