This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join the school in this key leadership position. This role is the equivalent to a UK Deputy Head of Primary.
Dukhan English School is a vibrant community school educating over 1000 students from 3 to 18 years of age, and representing over 30 different nationalities. The school enjoys brand new state-of-the-art purpose built premises that are well equipped to support high-quality teaching and learning. We are delivering an innovative and globally relevant curriculum, which has the English National Curriculum and QatarEnergy values at its heart.
We are seeking a dynamic leader who can inspire our students and staff to build on the strong foundations of our school. This is an opportunity for a passionate leader, who shares our vision and commitment to providing a holistic and well-rounded education for all students.
The post requires the candidate to demonstrate the following:
• a strong track record of leadership and management experience
• experience of curriculum leadership in Early Years and Key Stage 1
• a commitment to improving the quality of pastoral provision and ability to build upon the happy and supportive culture that allows our pupils and staff to thrive
• experience of line managing middle leaders and or subject leaders
• the ability to engage a diverse multicultural community to support the academic and personal development of our children
Our vision is for our students to be high achieving, healthy and happy individuals well prepared to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. Our mission is to achieve this by inspirational teaching that places high value on learning, enjoyment and the well-being of all our students. To help deliver this we are seeking a dynamic, Assistant Head of Primary to work directly with the Head of Primary and wider Primary Leadership Team to fulfill the following responsibilities
• Lead the development of a creative and appropriate curriculum for pupils in the Early Years and Key Stage 1
• To ensure high-quality teaching and learning is embedded within the Early Years and across the school
• To lead the design, implementation and on-going monitoring of pastoral systems across the school to remove barriers to learning and promote pupil wellbeing
• Be an excellent role model, exemplifying a high standard of teaching and promoting high expectations for all members of the school community
• Line manage Subject Leaders and quality assure action planning to secure continual improvements to provision
• Develop systems and processes to monitor and evaluate teaching and learning across the Primary
• Play a leading role in the school improvement and school self-evaluation planning process
• Lead the development and review of planning and curriculum delivery
• Develop programmes of CPD and coach/mentor staff to improve their practice and pastoral care
• Have experience using data to leverage learning and development
• Ensure the active involvement of pupils and staff in their own learning
• Support the development of collaborative approaches to learning within the school and beyond
• Lead staff Performance Management Meetings and when required devise personal improvement plans
• Experience of curriculum leadership in Early Years and Key Stage 1
• Knowledge of UK National Curriculum requirements
• Experience as an outstanding school leader, preferably in a high performing UK or international school
• Highly effective team leader, able to motivate and engage other staff in change/new ideas
• Proven team management and communication skills
• Commitment to continued personal and professional development
Salary and benefit package
You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including a generous tax-free salary, free accommodation and utilities, interest-free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares and paid school holidays. Details of the specific salary will be discussed at interview.
Dukhan English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.