RAK Academy is a family of five highly regarded international schools that provide both British and International Baccalaureate curriculum pathways. Our vision is to develop ‘Learning Excellence with a Community Heart’.
By ensuring excellent leadership at all levels throughout our schools we aim to provide our students with a world class education, which is also based on an ethos of sustainability.
British School Al Hamra (BSH)
Located in southern Ras Al Khaimah city in Al Hamra Village, BSH is a large primary school delivering an adapted UK National Curriculum from Pre-K to Grade 5 (FS1 to Year 6) and the UAE MOE subjects. BSH is accredited by the British Schools Overseas (BSO), benchmarked against leading international British schools.
BSH is looking for a positive, driven and inspirational Key Stage 2 Teacher to join the team.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education OR hold a Bachelor of Education degree.
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) .
- Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
- Trained in British Curriculum.
- Strong ability to use technology to support teaching and learning.
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents.
- Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff.
- Be willing to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Most importantly, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all complex decision-making be based on what constitutes best practice for the child”.
- Experience of using Google suite, e.g., Google classroom
The school offers:
- A tax-free salary inclusive of housing allowance.
- Single status candidates and teaching couples are encouraged to apply.
- Benefits including annual travel allowance, medical insurance, UAE residency visa.
- Access to our professional development opportunities both internally and externally.
To apply for this position please use ‘QUICK APPLY’
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
- Preference will be given to candidates currently in the UAE.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.