Arthritis Awareness Webinar Series to be held by Middle East Arthritis Foundation from Oct 10th – Oct 15th
Webinar series covering a range of topics related to lifestyle, medications, and nutrition
04October 2021, Dubai, UAE – In observance of World Arthritis Day, a global awareness day held on October 12th every year,the Middle East Arthritis Foundationis back with its signature webinar series from October 10th to October 15th, 2021 to help raise awareness about the different forms of Arthritis and its debilitating effects.
The comprehensive six days webinar will walk you through a series of valuable discussions hosted by leading health experts across the region.Professional advice delivered through this webinar series will equip individuals with a lot of practical tips and advice to get the right treatment, care, and support as well as to make informed choices with regards to their medication, diet and nutrition.
The virtual webinar series is free to attend and will cover an intensive program including:
- October 10, 2021–Commencing the educational webinar series for World Arthritis Week with “Emotional Wellness Day” where doctors will provide insight into the impact of Covid-19 and Arthritis, along with tips to manage health, wellness and stress.
- October 11, 2021 – Focusing on Diet & Nutrition for Arthritis. This session will include information on foods to include or avoid in your diet if you suffer from arthritis, as well as some nutritional recipes to try, followed by a session on ways to maintain great gut health.
- October 12, 2021–Exercising with Arthritis. Experts and industry professionals will demonstrate mobility exercises and educate patients about Ankylosing Spondylitis, a rare type of arthritis that causes pain and stiffness in the spine.
- October 13, 2021–Medications to keep the pain in check. This session will focus more on the importance of medications for arthritis patients and shed light on another form of arthritis i.e., Psoriatic Arthritis.
- October 14, 2021–For the first time, the weeklong webinar series will also include a session in Arabic and Hindi/Urdu from an expert in the industry to create awareness among the target audience in their local language.
- October 15, 2021–To finish off the World Arthritis Week, attendees will be tuning their body with dance movement, yoga and pilates.
To register for any or all of the sessions, please visithttps://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_23iCGeZ3QHKdPTLiSj2xew
When living with arthritis, it is essential to stay informed on everything you can to best cope with the disease. To empower arthritis patients, Dr. Humeira Badshah, the founding member of the Middle East Arthritis Foundation & a well-renowned Rheumatologist, has written a thoughtful book titled “The Wellness Guide to Arthritis”. This beneficial book can guide readers with the different forms of arthritis and their symptoms to look out for, up-to-date information on new treatment methods, approaches to coping with pain, everyday tips to manage the side effects, along with inputs from Arthritis Warriors on real-life coping strategies.Interested readers can find the copy at Amazon or at various bookstores in the UAE including Jashanmal, Borders, Kinokuniya and Al Rewaya.
About Middle East Arthritis Foundation:
The Middle East Arthritis foundation (formerly Emirates Arthritis Foundation) is a non-profit organisation that strives to breathe life into leading ideas on health, hope and happiness. Its goal is to improve the quality of life for people with arthritis through leadership training, in the prevention, control and cure of the disease. Founded in 2006, the Foundation has grown to support more than 2000 patients today across the UAE. MEAF conduct an extensive range of events and programmes to support arthritis patients. More information about the Foundation and its upcoming events is available at: http://www.arthritis.ae.